Finesse is an intimate shopfront, located within a corner brick terrace in central Collingwood. Newly re-located, Finesse is designed to provide an intimate setting for rare & limited edition shoes. The exisiting walls and ceiling are washed in neutral blush tones, with a series of steel vertical acrow props (scaffold) providing support for display shelving & clothing rails.
Each shelving unit is fabricated from a singular folded aluminium sheet & bolted in place to the scaffold supports. This allows for the display & interior space to be fully adjustable. Negating any fixings made to the existing fabric of the space as well being easily removable at the end of the tenancy. The primary display is angled to respond to the existing street front window inviting passers by to stop & look – its angular form creating space for the changing room within the tiny volume.
Overhead a coloured linear light extends towards the entry door – allowing for adjustment of the ambience to the space. The sales desk & display plinths are wrapped in seamless speckled vinyl so as to visually melt into the floor. Edible softness contrasting with a custom aluminium bench providing a spot to sit and try on shoes.
Finesse was designed with sustainability at the forefront:
– 100% removable & designed from pre-existing components (scaffold);
– Minimal intervention to existing building fabric (no damage or fixings made to space);
– Maximising functionality within a tiny footprint;
– Zero / minimal waste ie. singular aluminium folded sheet / off shelf components;
– Flexibility in design allows space to be reconfigured for events / differing displays & promotions;
– Limited use of materials;
– Use of readily available / pre-fabricated elements i.e shelving units;